Let's talk about this

Understanding People Management

Understanding People Management

by TAN FEI YIN . -
Number of replies: 0

I have learned that the essence of human resource management is to oversee the workforce and boost the employees' performance from day to day as it could affect the workplace culture and potentially attract or retain the suitable talents, hence affecting the company's overall performance.

Recruiting suitable talents by using the necessary tools for greater success, a more diverse workforce and ensuring a higher level of productivity. It is important to create a company image that is trustworthy and welcoming for potential candidates to join, hence boosting the loyalty of employees.

Using a people-first approach when taking into consideration each team members' different skills and personality traits as with a better acknowledgement of these differences, leaders and managers can make a better decision on how to bring out the best and get the best for the employees.

Open and free-flowing channels of communication are important to provide continual feedback for a better flow of communication among the team members hence, improving the overall productivity and morale in the workplace.

Using business collaboration tools so the tasks can be properly delegated and shared among the team members, potentially enriching the employees' working experience and a better understanding of their roles in completing different tanks, hence achieving the mission and vision of the business.

Listening and confronting the differences within the conflicts among the team members while identifying the roots of the cause as well as solving the issues on time. Managers and leaders could bring the differences into discussion and turn them into valuable opportunities for insight collecting, so the others can feel more valued and take it as a learning experience.

Therefore, using the modern-day tools in properly handling the human management system in an organization, recruiting, managing as well as retaining suitable candidates could be done more effectively.

In the previous firm I joined, I realised several senior colleagues have stayed and worked with the company for a long time, so I have decided to observe and find out why. Turns out the working culture, as well as the relationship between colleagues, are positive and pleasant teamwork. The leaders understood the voices of the employees, such as whenever there is rushing in drawing submission, the responsible architect will inform the team members in advance and provide necessary benefits so that everyone can complete their tasks together on time, reducing dissatisfaction as much as possible, therefore improving company's productivity.