Let's Discuss

What Kind Of Adaptive Approach Should Global HR Adopt For Multinational Companies?

What Kind Of Adaptive Approach Should Global HR Adopt For Multinational Companies?

by BELINDA GUNAMONEY A/P SAMUEL . -
Number of replies: 0

Managing 45,000 employees over 44 countries is not an easy feat. Alpha's method /strategy towards 'internationalisation' proves to be a success. According to the article, Alpha adopts the Polycentric approach wherein they employ local workforce and adapts HR strategies of the local host. How did they do it?

1. To instil the Alpha Way which is the company's DNA (Philosophy) to all new employees across the globe.

2. Creating a non-hierarchical work environment in which every employee is a leader.

3.Introducing the metrics system across the board including customers and suppliers (My personal favourite).

4. Making HR a strategic business partner.

5. Global staffing - Alpha is committed into localising their workforce in their offices abroad.

6. Standardising global HR policies & practices.

As much as I agree with Alpha's adaptive approach, there are pros and cons. For one, it limits career mobility. In my opinion, a Geocentric approach works best for MNCs as it focusses on skills and adopts HR practices that is most effective and efficient. It also helps build a strong culture within the organisation.