Let's Discuss

Case study

Case study

by SUN ZIWEN . -
Number of replies: 4

I recommend that Alpha use a geocentric approach. Using a geocentric approach helps Alpha find the best employees for it directly, regradless of geographic region or country.

In reply to SUN ZIWEN .

Re: Case study

by JESSE JAMES ADIDHARMA . -
Interesting, but why do you pick geo-centric approach rather than poly-centric approach which is more suited with Alpha workplace culture and motto?
In reply to SUN ZIWEN .

by LEE CHEE MING . -
Hi Sun ZiWen,

I would agree with your recommendation. I came up with the same recommendation as well. A truly global enterprise adopts geocentric approach as it allows the company to integrates its global business strategy to drive business success. This approach also enables a company to get the best out of its employees in terms of ROI. However, I have to acknowledge that with benefits comes costs. This approach can be expensive to implement. Besides hiring staff from different nationalities are subjected to local laws and regulations, which can be quite restrictive in certain countries.
In reply to LEE CHEE MING .

by WANG JINQI . -
Hi LEE CHEE MING! 
i agree. geo-centric comes with costs because managers are from foreign countries. however, Alpha has some limitations such as in developed countries, few people choose IT as a course so it is hard to be localized.
In reply to WANG JINQI .

by AHMAD ZHILAL FARASGALI . -
Hi SUN ZIWEN.
Interesting opinion, geo-centric is the best approach for global mature MNC. Professionalism is the diving force and equal opportunity irrespective of race, cast, religion, nationality, gender is one of their strong core values.