Let's Discuss

Adaptive approach to global HR in the context of Alpha Computers

Adaptive approach to global HR in the context of Alpha Computers

by FARAHAZFA BINTI MOHD SAPARI . -
Number of replies: 1

From the article, I notice that HR Management in Alpha Computers has implemented several approaches to adapt the globalisation of the company. The approaches covers several aspects including:

(i)   training - Alpha Computers has its own training fasility worldwide, namely The Alpha School forum Leadership. This is to ensure continous training programmes are delivered to its employees;

(ii)  performance appraisal which they called it performance metrics consist of 5 outcome measures and 6 built measures that applicable to all employee based on their position and background;

(iii) global staffing - being an MNC, Alpha is recruiting its employees globally. However they prefer local managers for their knowledge of local market and environment; and 

(iv) control and coordination between headquarters and subsidiaries is also among adaptive approach implement by Alpha Computers. Being able to penetrate global market and haling several subsidaries overseas required Alpha Computers to take into account local laws and conditions in its HR management. For instance, performance pay for Alpha Computers is common practice. However, fixed pay is subject to local laws and condition.

In my opinion, Alpha Computers has pretty much implement holitic adaptive approach in its global HRM.