Let's talk about this

Why people management is important for an organisation

Why people management is important for an organisation

by MOSHALO RABIYA . -
Number of replies: 1

I have experienced that many companies don't understand the importance of people management and don't use the key components. Perviously I have worked in a company where the company made fake promises. After graduating from my university,  I was hired as a Junior Android Developer and my responsibilities were fixing minor errors. However after a few days I had noticed that the responsibilities were not matching my role as well as I was given big tasks which didn't suit my experience. The CEO of the company pressured me to change the whole system in one week which was truly not possible and due to the pressure as well as verbal abuse my motivation to work turned into hate. The company didn't know how to split the task, didn't have enough of staff to divide the work accordingly, the company had zero understating about work methodology and timing.

Key component missing from my experience was: 

Establishing good and effective communication between the staff: for effective communication its important that manager have good listening skills 

- Know your team and team member well : its important to understand every individual are different and come with different skills and working style 

- Clarity:  makes employees precisely understand what to do and how to do their task, which gives clear information on what the manager expects, it gives everyone a sense of security and what they need to do.

-Commitment : When you decide to undertake a new project or hire a new employee, the finished project or the fully trained employee doesn’t appear overnight. You need a commitment to the process and the people. Otherwise, there will not be an effective people management.

In reply to MOSHALO RABIYA .

Re: Why people management is important for an organisation

by HIEW MANN QI . -

Sorry to hear about your job experience. As a graphic designer, I've heard similar stories where the company wants a graphic designer to also handle customer service, e-commerce, videography, warehouse operations... Good HR managers should know the job scope of the job, and the appropriate rewards that should be given if they want the employee to handle multiple tasks, especially outside of their job scope.