Let's Discuss

adaptive approach to global HR for multinational companies

adaptive approach to global HR for multinational companies

by NAI WAN QI . -
Number of replies: 3

Alpha adopted a polycentric approach to recruitment for all their subsidiaries, based on the case study. They hire locals to fill vacant positions in the host country. Alpha wanted to recruit locals because they were more aware about the local culture and market trends, as stated in the article. In comparison to other foreigners, they have a superior understanding of their own nation. The reason for this is that Alpha can ensure that its subsidiaries satisfy the market needs and wants of the host country while also matching their management style with the local culture and objectives. In my opinion, Alpha could attempt to use a geocentric approach as part of their international recruitment strategy. Regardless of ethnicity, a geocentric approach policy searches out the finest people for key positions throughout the organization. Alpha can use human resources more efficiently (it helps Alpha hire the finest personnel), establish a strong culture and informal management network, diversify the cultural environment, and eliminate biases and racism by adopting this approach.

In reply to NAI WAN QI .

Re: adaptive approach to global HR for multinational companies

by MARYAM ALIMARDANI . -
I liked your approach and your suggestion for using a geocentric approach by Alpha.
In reply to NAI WAN QI .

Re: adaptive approach to global HR for multinational companies

by ALINA SLADKOVA . -
I agree with your opinion. Well explained