Reflective Question

Vanky WanQi- Why have academics and HR professionals embraced SHRM?

Vanky WanQi- Why have academics and HR professionals embraced SHRM?

by NAI WAN QI . -
Number of replies: 1

Strategic human resource management (SHRM) is a future-oriented approach to developing and implementing HR programmes that target and solve business challenges while also contributing directly to major long-term business goals. SHRM is a method of recruiting and retaining employees in ways that benefit both the individual and the company. Discover how techniques such as recruitment, training, and compensation may help the company succeed. From a 'constituency-based' viewpoint, it is stated that HR academics and professionals have embraced SHRM as a way to gain greater respect for HRM as a topic of study and, in the case of HR managers, of appearing more 'strategic', thereby enhancing their status within organizations. SHRM can help reduce excessive costs or disruptions while reaching goals, as well as making company goals the focus of employees and a variety of other advantages. One of the key goals to attain in any organization is to develop a strategy or plan that can provide value to the firm. As a result, I believe that academics and HR professionals are adopting SHRM not only for their own self-interest, but also because they see how SHRM can provide benefit to the company and improve its performance and growth.

In reply to NAI WAN QI .

Re: Vanky WanQi- Why have academics and HR professionals embraced SHRM?

by ERUM IMRAN SYED . -
Hi Nai Wan Qi,
An interesting read, I too hold the same opinion when it comes to SHRM and being embraced by academics and professionals. I believe both can benefit from each other whilst studying and learning more about strategies and human resource management.